=mc designed a programme of a national webinar and an onsite masterclass training for senior staff of sports associations in the Colorado Springs HQ. The aims of the programme were:
- To help senior members of associations to understand the potential of decision science to encourage supporters, foundations and corporations to provide support.
- To explore which online techniques could help encourage participation and engagement in sport among the wider community – so promoting health.
The webinar offered a basic introduction to =mc’s well-known EASIEST framework to a large number of individuals representing different sports. The focus was on fundraising in a mass setting, largely through online campaigns.
Following this a smaller number of senior sports specialists were invited to the onsite event. This covered:
- Detailed exploration of the importance of system 1 and system 2 in decision making and when to use them.
- How framing, goal grading and normalisation could promote greater engagement in sport.
- The importance of ethics when using these techniques to avoid ‘sludge’ – manipulation of choice.
Participants undertook case studies and were able to work on their own challenges guided by =mc’s Senior North American consultant, Alan Hutson.